Virtual Tours Wirral
Virtual Tours Wirral – 360 View of Moel Famau
We have been locked down for some time, it feels like years. Virtual Tours Wirral got the equipment ready and charged and headed out for a short road trip. Wirral is right next to North Wales about a 40 minute trip to Moel Famau according to the sat-nav. We arrived after taking many wrong turns! The problem we found is that the car park at the base of the hill has moved and Google Maps has not been updated so if you are reading this you should take care and look for the car park signs instead of trusting the sat-nav.
To get the 360 view of Moel Famau we wanted we had to scale the hill. We thought no problem locked the car grabbed our gear and headed for the trail. There are 4 trails at the beginning, you should read carefully as there are a few things to consider before ascending any further.
5 Tips When Heading Up Moel Famau
- The hill gets very steep on the harder trail – we are talking almost having to rope yourselves together and drag your buddies up the hill. We can’t guarantee everyone will make it back!
- The trails have different gradients, you need to watch out as some are for cyclists only.
- Take water and food – there is no shop or ice cream when you finally summit the Moel Famau and it can get very steep depending upon which trail you have taken.
- The walking route took us about 1 hour 15 mins to get to the summit using the hardest route.
- Make sure you read the car park information as we found the the car park closes at different times of the year.
After we reached the top the views are unreal, it is well worth the climb. You can see all the peaks around North Wales, we made a small Google Poly to show here . The 360 view of Moel Famau is one of our best improv days ever, we just put our gear in the car and just enjoyed being back out in the fresh air.